Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Latest and greatest


It didn't take me long to realize that I am not very dedicated to this blogging thing. I really don't know how some people find the time to post daily. However, I will continue to try and make a better effort for those of you who want more info!

So news for today...
We met some more new friends today. I joined the local MOMS Club (Burlington chapter) which just formed over the summer. It is a really nice group of people from the Greater Burlington area with children and moms of all ages. We have really been very fortunate to meet so many great people in such a short amount of time. It has really filled up our weeks and created a nice busy schedule filled with fun outings and get togethers.

Ania has adjusted to life at pre-school and for the first time did not cry on Tuesday when Matt dropped her off. She basically told him to go to work, then on his way out...she reminded him to close the door to the classroom! She is so particular about everything and quite the neat-knick. Nothing can be left out of order in her room when it's time to go to bed. This is either great (we'll never have to nag her to clean her room) or it will turn into some sort of OCD later in life (and we'll be in therapy as parents wondering what we did so wrong!).

Sir Boden on the other hand, is totally the yang and full of chaos and destruction. He has still has NO TEETH! But I swear, I REALLY think he is teething this time. =) I'm sure like his big sister, he'll get them in time for Halloween!

Matt and I are busy, busy, busy. Matt's class is going well, and work is fine, too. He is finding his niche, so I think he is generally pleased with it. Photography has been a HUGE learning experience for me, but very worth it. I am finally starting to get some good pics of the kids.

We have set up a home gym in the basement, so we'll have a nice spot for keeping in shape over the cold months. I ran my first post-partum road race on Sunday. It was a 4 mile cross-country race (unbeknownst to me....I guess I should have read the race details more clearly!). The pack was small, so there wasn't too much competition (not that I ever truly race anyhow). My finishing time was around 31 minutes, so I'm back to just under an 8 min./mile which must just be my natural time as I can never seem to get much faster.

Also in the basement is our PING PONG table. Yes, we will be hosting many tournaments I'm sure. Did I mention the winters are long and cold here? (Either it's true or the locals just want to scare us!)

In closing tonite, I have to share a cute story. I was nursing Boden in his room to put him to sleep while Ania was playing. She came in to Boden's room and said to me, with a stuffed animal in hand and make believe purse, "I have to go buh-bye. I have to get my keys, and get my phone, and get my water, and get my ducky, and get my shoes and get my snack, and go buh-bye. I have to go to work. I have to go do errands. I have to go to the park. Buh-bye." Then she waved and left. She came back a moment later to kiss me and Boden, and say "Love you. Have a fun day. Buh-bye." Then she waved and left again. About a minute later she came back and said, "Mommy, mommy." "What?", I replied. "I forgot to get Boden."

Too cute.

No comments: