Saturday, October 27, 2007

FIRST HAIRCUT

Thirty one months without a haircut. Can you imagine what your hair would look like if you didn't touch it for 2.5 years??

I was torn between cutting and not cutting. We were going to get Ania's hair cut for the school year...you know, new beginnings, new look, etc. Nah, I chickened out, I was set one waiting at least until she was 3.

For the past month, Ania has been mentioning getting her haircut. So, today was the big day. She was pretty excited...until we got there. We went to a place called the "Hairy Bear" (which there is nothing hairy or bear-like about the place) in South Burlington. They have a room devoted to kids and have all sorts of cool seats for them to sit on. We got the pony because it was closest to the door for a quick exit if need be.

With Boden looking on, Ania reluctantly mounted her horse, got some water spritzed in her hair as I fed her bunny crackers, and with a snip here and a snip there she was done. I swear it was literally 2 minutes and I was out of $14 with a few blurry pictures to mark our mini adventure.

However, after a blue balloon and a cool certificate marking her first haircut, Ania was all smiles and very proud of herself. It was barely a trim, just enough to even the back a bit, but it looks better already! She still has her "curlies" and enough length for pigtails.

Here's a before shot and salon shot.

No comments: