Friday, September 7, 2007

Time is flying



Gosh, it's hard to believe it's been over a month since my last post. Where did the summer go? We have been in Vermont for exactly three months now and it really feels like home. We have met a lot of great people and made some wonderful new friends. Weekends have been filled with house guests, dinners with new friends, quality family time, and of course, lots of exploring!

The children are doing great and have now fully adjusted to their new space. Boden's personality comes through a little more each day and it's been so much fun watching him grow into a little boy. At his 9 month appointment, he was 23 pounds and 31 inches!! Not so little, eh? Just in the past three weeks, he has learned how to sit himself up, crawl, pull to stand, and now cruise. He keeps trying to walk and it scares me. He has no fear and gets very upset when he can't do something. Nothing like his sister!

Speaking of the big sister, she is also doing wonderfully! We decided, sort of impulsively, to sign Ania up for pre-school. She is in a program for two year olds and was VERY excited about going to school like the big kids. (She didn't understand that Nick, her [much] older boyfriend from Barrington, was not going to be there.) However, that first day was rough - lots of crying, both from mommy and Ania - but the second day was a little better (daddy got to drop her off). When I asked her if she had a good time Tuesday, she said yes; however, when I asked her if she had wanted to return on Thursday, she replied, "Ummm, no." Gotta love it.

As I mentioned, she did go back Thursday, and did very well with the other students. I guess a little boy bumped his head and was crying. Ania went over to him and rubbed his head for him, asking, "Are you ok, buddy? It's alright." The teachers are very impressed with her language skills and have said she is quite ahead of the other two-year olds. (I can brag, it's my blog!) What a proud mama I am!



Other brief news, we explored Jay Peak this past weekend. It was beautiful and looks like a great mountain to ski. We had a campfire and Ania got to stay up late and have s'mores. I think she ate about 15 marshmallows straight from the bag before her s'more was ready. (pic below) Matt is already looking at real estate up there. Someday, his dreams will come to fruition and he'll be the real estate mogul of his dreams!



I am taking a photography class, so keep watching for improvements in my photos! Learning professional photography skills is like learning another language. It's a great challenge for me and I've learned a lot already. I'll let you know when I have started putting my new skills to use. In the meantime, all the above shots are the usual point and shoots. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: