Whole New World

I have finally had some time to sit down to learn about blogging. This is a whole new world for me and I think it's going to take me some time, but why not give it a go. My mind can use something intellectually challenging.
Let me begin by saying we are officially VERMONTERS! Ok, well we are official owners of property in Vermont which we now inhabit, but as far as the registry is concerned, we are visiting from Rhode Island. We are working on that.
The children have adjusted to their new surroundings and we have spent the first month exploring what the area has to offer. We have discovered ECHO (an aquarium which focuses on the ecosystem of Lake Champlain), Shelburne Farms (which is breathtakingly beautiful), Sand Bar State Park, Catamount (open space for trail running, mtn. biking, XC skiing), and so, so much more.
Everyone is doing great. Ania is silly as ever. She loves to read, explore outside, and run. Yes, she can run almost 1/2 mile (from the playground to our house). She has the most adorable gait I have ever seen! Boden at almost 8 months, has no teeth yet, but insists that he is too good for pureed baby food. I have started giving him whatever finger foods I can think of and he gleefully eats it up!!! He has mastered "girl" push-ups and once he figures out how to fully get on those knobby knees of his.....we are totally in trouble.
Matt enjoys his job and I am enjoying being the mom. It felt strange at first to not have to worry about packing and moving (since it consumed so much of my time) and to just have time to "play". It's great to be able to focus all of my energy back on Nugget (our dear Ania) and Wiggles (the maestro who is forever rocking in his seat!).
No comments:
Post a Comment